Exams Sat and Timetables
Our Examinations Officer is Alison Donohoe email@example.com. Please contact Ms Donohoe if you have any queries about examinations at Harris Garrard Academy.
Timetables of upcoming exams will be downloadable here as they are published.
- Year 7 and 8 assessment timetable (week commencing 19 February 2018)
- Letter to parents about the assessments (Year 7)
- Letter to parents about the assessments (Year 8)
Copies of the following Harris Garrard Academy examination policies can be downloaded from the Teaching and Learning page in Key Information. The policies below are for the academic year 2017-18:
- Access to fair assessment policy
- Appeals policy
- Controlled assessment and risk management
- Data protection access to student records policy
- Examinations contingency policy
- Examinations policy
- Examinations emergency procedure
Harris Garrard Academy examination policies and exam board policies (see below) are used concurrently. We cross reference our own policies against the Joint Council for Qualifications policies below. Our rules and regulations are based upon and make full use of all the JCQ rules and regulations.
Exam board policies
The Joint Council for Qualifications (JCQ) policies below are used in addition to Harris Garrard examination policies (see above). We cross-reference our own policies against the following JCQ policies.
- Access Arrangements and Reasonable Adjustments 2017-18
- Appeals Against Internally Assessed Marks – suggested template for centres 2017-18
- Centre Emergency Evacuation Procedure – editable template 2017-18
- GCSE Controlled Assessments – Outlining Staff Responsibilities - editable template 2017-18
- GCSE Controlled Assessments – Risk Management Process - editable template 2017-18
- General Regulations for Approved Centres 2017-18
- Instructions for Conducting Controlled Assessments 2017-18
- Instructions for Conducting Examinations 2017-18
- JCQ Suspected Malpractice 2017-18
- Notice to Centres – Exam Contingency Plan 2017-18
- Post Results Services (June 2017 and November 2017)
- Instructions for Conducting GCSE & GCE MFL Listening Examinations 2017-18
Notices to candidates
The following notices for candidates also apply: