Our Examinations Officer is Alison Donohoe. Please contact A.Donohoe@harrisgarrard.org.uk if you have any queries about examinations at Harris Garrard Academy.
Exams and assessment timetables
Exam and assessment timetables will be added here as they are available.
- Year 11 Mocks timetable (Mon 29 Jan - Fri 2 Feb)
- A letter to parents about the Year 11 mocks can be downloaded from our Letters Home section
- Year 7-10 Reading and Spelling Tests timetable (Thurs 25 and Fri 26 Jan)
Read our examinations instructions for students.
How to revise better
Download our How Students Can Revise Better presentation (pdf). Find out which techniques work and which don't. There's lots of valuable tips to help you revise better. Download it now!
Exam preparation and progress sessions
Good preparation for your GCSEs and organised revision sessions will help you achieve the best from your time. GCSE revision support or interventions for Year 11 begins in September 2017 and runs until the Summer examinations in 2018. You will be able to download the exam preparation schedule for summer 2018 from here. We have also introduced ‘progress sessions’ for years 10 and 11 to help students to maximise their Progress 8 score.
Copies of the following Harris Garrard Academy examination policies can be downloaded from the Teaching and Learning page in Key Information. The policies below are for the academic year 2017-18:
- Access to fair assessment policy
- Appeals policy
- Controlled assessment and risk management
- Data protection access to student records policy
- Exam contingency policy
- Examinations policy
- Exams emergency procedure