Mr Smith's Prize Challenge - For All Year Groups
Mr Smith, Head of Academy, has devised a cunning series of voluntary independent learning challenges for students to complete at home. All primary, secondary and sixth form students can take part, with special prizes on offer!
You have two weeks to complete each challenge, with winning entries from each year group displayed on the academy’s website, and with prizes awarded too! See the winners of our previous challenges: Easter, Write a Biography, Fitness Diary, and Museum Tour.
To enter the latest challenge, simply email your entries to firstname.lastname@example.org or post to Head of Academy Challenge, Harris Garrard Academy, Yarnton Way, Erith DA18 4DW. Entries will be judged by the leadership team and winners announced on this page.
Current challenge: Write a letter to our new students who will be joining HGA next term
In the letter, you should: introduce yourself, explain what you have missed the most whilst not being in school; explain why you are excited about getting back into school in September; give some advice about how to be successful at Harris Garrard Academy. The best letters will be distributed to our new students next term. Closing date: Friday 26th June.
Previous challenges - entries now closed for these ones
- What can we learn from coronavirus? Although the coronavirus has obviously been devastating in many ways, the lockdown has also had some positive side-effects. How do you think society and the world might change for the better as a result? Present your thoughts as a poster or a mini essay.
- Visit a museum website and complete a virtual tour. Then write a short report about your virtual visit, describing what you saw and what you learned.
- Follow Joe Wick’s PE lessons on Youtube each day for a fortnight. Keep a fitness diary detailing the exercises that you complete each day. See our winners.
- Write a biography. With a parent’s permission, speak to an elderly relative or neighbour on the phone. Interview them about their life and then write a short biography. See our winners.
- Be Creative this Easter. Use your imagination and creativity to produce something artistic on the theme of Easter. See the fantastic winners!
Keep safe and keep learning!