Exam Results and Performance
To help fight the spread of coronavirus (Covid-19), the government announced that all exams due to take place in schools and colleges in England in summer 2020 were cancelled.
The government will not publish any school or college level educational performance data based on tests, assessments or exams for 2020. The Government will also not publish any national, regional, local or constituency statistics for any primary school assessments for the 2019 to 2020 academic year.
All those working with schools and colleges, such as Ofsted, Department for Education regional teams and local authorities, should use data from previous years and so we will continue to present 2019 data on this page as will be reflected in our Department for Education performance information found on the DFE website.
Exam results 2018-19
Harris Garrard Academy is delighted to announce a Progress 8 score of 0.54 for 2018-19. This is an amazing achievement in just our second year and builds on our score of 0.37 for last year, which put us in the top 18% of schools nationally for Progress 8.
This is even more remarkable when you consider the Progress 8 score of our predecessor schools (the Bexley Business Academy and Garrard Academy) which were -0.5 and -0.14 respectively.
Key statistics for Key Stage 4 (2018-19)
The following results are based on our exam results for 2018-19, announced in August 2019:
- Our Progress 8 score is 0.54
- Our Attainment 8 score is 4.7
- 34% of students achieved Grade 5 or above in English and Maths
- 59% of students achieved Grade 4 or above in English and Maths
- 18.4% of students entered the EBacc, with 48% of entrants (8.8% of the entire cohort) achieving it. The average points score was 3.97.
Read the news story about our 2019 results.
Watch a short film about our GCSE results 2019.
Here are our results from 2017-18:
- Progress 8 score was 0.37
- Our Attainment 8 score was 48.1
- 47% of students achieved Grade 5 or above in English and Maths
- 72% of students achieved Grade 4 or above in English and Maths
- 17% of students entered the EBacc, achieving an average points score of 3.82
The destinations of our leavers (including the percentage staying in education) can be found on our careers page.
You can find out more about how we help all students achieve, including our most able students, on our Equalities and additional intervention page.
Key statistics for Key Stages 1-2 (2018-19)
The academy also achieved amazing primary results in July 2019, achieving 24% higher than the predecessor school, with 70% of students achieving the expected level in combined measure (Reading, Writing and Maths) at the end of Key Stage 2.
We are very proud of our students, staff, parents/carers and the community for working together to make these results happen. These achievements change children’s lives and open new opportunities. Working together does and will enable us to achieve great things for our students and local community.
- Average progress that pupils have made in reading between KS1 and KS2 - 1.8
- Average progress that pupils have made in writing between KS1 and KS2 - 0.5
- Average progress that pupils have made in maths between KS1 and KS2 - 0.3
- Percentage of pupils who’ve achieved a higher standard in reading, writing and maths - 16%
- Pupils’ average scaled score in the reading test - 102.5
- Pupils’ average scaled score in the maths test - 103.9
Swimming: percentage of children in Year 6 who can:
- swim competently, confidently and proficiently over a distance of at least 25 metres (32 out of 69) - 46%
- use a range of strokes effectively (30 out of 69) - 43%
- perform safe self-rescue in different water-based situations – 77%