Educational Trips and Visits
We enhance our curriculum with educational visits and trips. These provide many opportunities to learn things outside the school environment, helping students to link their classroom learning to the outside world.
Educational visits provide unique opportunities for students to make their classroom learning more memorable, and they motivate students with their studies too. Discovering new places adds extra depth to the students’ learning journey and life experiences.
School trips are also tools used to enhance social, personal and emotional development for all learners. This exposure to new situations can be particularly beneficial to our SEN learners.
Here are just some a few of the Educational Visits our students are given the opportunity to experience.
- Our Business students participate in the annual Whittington Tour, exploring the City of London and career pathways
- Geographers participate in fieldwork for their GCSEs, gaining experience of urban environments and river exploration
- Rewards trips for students include laser tag, ice skating, Go Karting and Chessington World of Adventures
- Our Religious Studies students develop empathy and understanding of different religions and cultures by visiting places of worship
- Duke of Edinburgh students learn resilience and orienteering skills during their expedition trips
- Our many Character Day trips for all year groups have built up our students' experiences, cultural capital and character. Find out more about our Character Days.
At Harris Garrard we believe that learning outside the classroom is just as important as the learning inside the classroom and aim to give our students every opportunity to participate in a trip each year.
For further information or queries regarding trips and educational visits, please contact Emma Neal on email@example.com or on 0208 320 4800.