Careers - Student Resources
Students can contact them at any time or drop-in for advice and guidance on Thursdays in the Careers Corner.
Click HERE to visit the Harris Federation Careers Education website.
Live updates - click the links
Click HERE for the latest Live Vacancies Report - login required
Click HERE for the latest Wider Opportunties Updates - login required
Excellent futures using Unifrog
Unifrog is a core platform for careers education for Excellent Futures at Harris Garrard.
We believe it is never too early to start thinking about your career. We provide our students with access to the Unifrog platform from Year 7 to support them in making the most informed decisions about their futures.
Unifrog has a range of tools that are suitable for all year groups. Each student has their own personal account that provides a range of information related to their interests and aspirations. Students can access the platform 2 ways:
- Clicking a link in their welcome email where they create a password.
- Signing on directly to https://www.unifrog.org/ and using the reset password option with their school email account (ending in @harrisgarrard.org.uk).
You can download the guide to using Unifrog here.
Unifrog highlights – sign on and start today.
- Exploring pathways. Explore pathways using personality quizzes, career and subject profiles, MOOCs (online courses) and webinars. Explore what subjects you would be interested in studying and how these choices can lead to different career paths and higher education.
- Recording what you have done. Self-reflection about extracurricular activities and key employability skills.
- Searching for opportunities. Search tools showing live vacancies/courses/placements for apprenticeships, universities (in the UK and abroad), FE, virtual work experience and much more.
Careers - Unifrog tasks for Years 7-13
Excellent futures using Skills Builder
The Skills Builder Partnership exists to ensure that one day, everyone builds the essential skills to succeed.
Listening: receiving, retaining and processing of information or ideas
Speaking: oral transmission of information or ideas
Problem Solving: ability to find a solution to a situation or challenge
Creativity: use of imagination and the generation of new ideas
Staying Positive: ability to use tactics and strategies to overcome setbacks and achieve goals
Aiming High: ability to set clear, tangible goals and devise a robust route to achieving them
Leadership: supporting, encouraging and developing others to achieve a shared goal
Teamwork: working cooperatively with others towards achieving a shared goal
Our students will have the opportunity to explicitly identity where they are learning these skills in lessons, activities and events and assess their progression in the mastery of these skills.
Students can also access activities and homework on the Skills Builder Homezone: https://www.skillsbuilder.org/homezone
Your careers journey
We provide each student with a road map to their Careers Education that highlights the learning, activities and events that will take place throughout the time at Harris Garrard to support them in their journey to a fulfilling career.
Signposted resources for wider opportunities