About our Sixth Form
Welcome to the Harris Garrard Sixth Form. Our vision is to provide our sixth form students with the qualifications, bespoke support and wider learning opportunities that will put them on the best and most appropriate path.
We want our students to lead happy, fulfilling, and successful lives. Our sixth form is at the heart of our school and the embodiment of our belief that 'Learning Changes Lives'.
In our growing sixth form, our Learning Changes Lives mantra is underpinned by the challenge to all students to:
- To be the best version of yourself
- To be exceptional role models to younger students
- To be informed, self-aware and mindful
- Through hard work, independence and drive
- Through excellent teaching by subject specialists
- Through bespoke support and excellent careers guidance
- By being part of a sixth form that is integral to the school
- By having an active role in the academy
- By having access to a range of wider learning opportunities
Read all the latest news about life in our sixth form.
Why choose Harris Garrard Sixth Form
- A dedicated sixth form team fully focused on the academic and pastoral support of our students.
- Small classes taught by subject specialists who are superbly supported by the Harris Federation.
- Access to the Harris Experience Plus, offering one-to-one personal statement support and wider learning opportunities for those wishing to apply to Russell Group Universities.
- A newly refurbished common room.
- A dedicated computer suite for sixth form students.
- A dedicated sixth form garden area.
- Two dedicated silent study areas for sixth form students.
- A newly stocked, sixth form reference library.
- A two-week work experience placement.
- Access to the Duke of Edinburgh Award and Extended Project Qualification (EPQ).
- Annual international trip.
To find out more, contact Assistant Principal and Head of Sixth Form, Mr. J Case (firstname.lastname@example.org)