Meals - Secondary Phase
Our menu has been created after extensive research into student preferences, but is also nutritious and compliant with all government guidelines.
See our Catering Information page for further details of meals at Harris Garrard Academy, including menus and price lists.
The menu aims to offer more of what students want – including good food that can be eaten on the go. There’s light and simple salad and meal pots too, plus the ever-popular sandwiches, baguettes, wraps, and paninis with a large choice of fillings.
Free school meals
Your child may be entitled to free school meals. Even if your child does not wish to eat free school meals, but is entitled to them, it's worth applying because for each child entitled to free school meals the Academy could receive funding of £1,300 per year to help with tuition, resources, coaching and extra assistance. Find out if your child is entitled to free school meals.
Click on this link to apply for Free School Meals - www.cloudforedu.org.uk/ofsm/link2ict.
Your child may be able to get free school meals if you get any of the following:
- Income Support
- income-based Jobseekers Allowance
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit
The academy uses a cashless catering system for the canteen purchases. We are currently rolling out the use of PIN numbers for students which will replace the existing cards they have been issued with.
Use of a PIN number will help make our students more aware of and responsible for their own data security and will help them get used to the way things work in the 'outside world'.
Year 7 students will be the first to get their PIN numbers. When your child is due to switch to the new system they will be issued with their own PIN number which they must take responsibility for. Until that time the lunch cards can still be used.
Parent Pay will still be in operation for accounts to be topped up online. Students can still top up their accounts on site with cash.
We cater for special diets. Below are some helpful documents that answer frequently asked questions and explain the procedure for requesting a special diet. The request form is also below.
- Special diets - frequently asked questions (currently being updated)
- Special diets - procedure (currently being updated)
- Special diets - request form (currently being updated)
Download a document outlining the school food standards within the Harris Federation.