Posted on August 7th 2019
HGA Achieves School Safety Award
We are pleased to announce that Harris Garrard Academy has been awarded the Judicium School Safety Award for 2019, in recognition of high standards of safety, health management and fire safety.
The award is made by Judicium Education, the Harris Federation’s health and safety consultants who audit all of the Federation’s academies.
In order for the school to achieve the Judicium Safety Award, we were assessed against the following criteria:
- The school has a satisfactory health and safety management system in place which has sound processes and procedures, and responsibilities properly allocated
- No serious breaches of health and safety regulations have been identified
- Risk assessment is considered to be suitable and sufficient, thorough and specific
- No high priority recommendations remain unaddressed
- No high priority fire risk assessment recommendations are outstanding
- A robust maintenance and inspection regime is in place
- Training needs have been identified and are being delivered.
"We are very proud to have received this recognition and I thank all our staff for working so hard to make Harris Garrard Academy such a safe and welcoming place where learning can change lives," said Executive Principal Chris Everitt.