Character & Wellbeing
Character and Wellbeing at Harris Garrard Academy is taught across Key Stage 3. The purpose of Character and Wellbeing is to provide students with knowledge of additional ‘life-lessons’ which are not necessarily delivered discreetly elsewhere.
Students are provided with a series of lessons dedicated to the holistic development of our children, so they leave Harris Garrard not only as academics but as reflective, considered citizens. There are a number of principles which underpin the Character and Wellbeing curriculum. These include:
- To bring students into contact with the principles of ‘good character’ – morals, ethics, values and Harris Manners are all developed through the curriculum
- To provide contextual knowledge which enables learners to develop and build a good sense of identity and belonging
- To enable learners to develop the necessary skills and knowledge to succeed at life in modern Britain including; personal, social, health and economic education; careers education; citizenship education; and relationships and sex education
- To enable learners to consider, understand and live up to their responsibilities towards themselves, their families, and society
- To continue to focus on the holistic development of learners within our academy.
For further details of the Character and Wellbeing curriculum please contact Samretta Greywoode S.Greywoode@harrisbromley.org.uk.
Full details of the intent, implementation and impact of our Character & Wellbeing curriculum are contained in our curriculum plan, downloadable from the bottom of the page.
View/download medium term plans for all subjects. These are up to date as of 1st September 2020. Plans will be refreshed every term.
You also download Knowledge Organisers for each year group from our Knowledge Organisers page. These outline what homework is expected from each student, for all subjects.