Posted on May 15th 2018
Anzac Day Highlights the Importance of Belonging
We experienced a fantastic day at school which helped us to understand why Anzac Day is an important day for Australians and New Zealanders.
It helped us to learn about why national identity is important and how it gives us a sense of belonging. During the day:
- every tutor group had a special presentation about Anzac Day
- 14 students attended a lunchtime lecture on what Anzac Day means to Australians today
- Specialised Anzac lessons were delivered in all Year 8 classes
- Eight students watched a film screening of the Gallipoli-inspired film The Water Diviner
- A bespoke canteen menu for lunch including Anzac biscuits
A special Anzac Day menu.
Every tutor group had a special Anzac Day presentation.
These Anzac biscuits taste good...
We also had an opportunity to play the game Two-Up (pictured below), which can only be legally played in Australia on Anzac Day.
So this was a special occasion for our Aussie teachers Ms Corry and Mr Nicolle who worked hard to pull this event off. Thank you so much to both of them!